Collective Shout Cofounder, Melinda Tankard Reist is doing this exclusive interview on a Free Facebook Live Event with ChildSafe Australia on the topic:
‘Why it's important to talk to your children about pornography and the potential impact if you don't!’
Melinda Tankard Reist is an author, speaker, media commentator, blogger and advocate for women and girls. She is best known for her work addressing sexualisation, objectification, harms of pornography, sexual exploitation, trafficking and violence against women.
Some of the questions we will discuss are:
1. What is the average age of a person who sees pornography for the first time? and why are pornographic sites aiming at this age?
2. What are the impacts on a child if they see pornography? How can it rewire their brain?
3. what trends are you seeing amongst teenagers in school and pornography
4. How do parents broach the subject of talking about pornography with their children? and why do some parents avoid it?
5. what does a parent do if they have a child who is addicted to pornography and how can you tell if they are?
There will also be a Q&A too.
The impact of pornography on our children can be absolutely devastating. We need all the help we can get to help our children and protect them from it.
for facebook event page link.
- hit “going” on the event page
- at 3.30pm AEST head to the ChildSafe Australia Facebook page for the event
- share and tag others on the live event as it’s going to win prizes
We look forward to having you with us. Feel free to invite other parents along with you.
June 24, 2020 at 3:30pm - 5pm
Facebook Live online event