Write to your MP

Tell your MP you want to see an end to sexualisation and objectification

You can help make Australia a place where girls and women are treated with respect by telling your local MP how you feel about the objectification of women, sexualisation of girls, and pornification of society.

We need our political leaders to act, but they will only take action if they see there is a demand for change.

How to contact your local MP

Here are a few ways you can connect with your local Member of Parliament:

  • Request a 15-minute meeting by contacting their office.
  • Email or call them with your thoughts.
  • Approach them at advertised events and public visits.

The main political parties keep tabs on the issues constituents are raising with them, so make your views known!

Some of the major parties have published online directories for their candidates (parties are listed in alphabetical order).

  • Australian Greens
  • Australian Labor Party
  • The Liberal Party of Australia
  • The National Party of Australia

What to say

We’ve created a printable summary of issues to raise with your local MP – view and print it now.

Alternatively, take some time to look through our latest research, which is contained in three recent submissions:

Thank you for speaking up to help create a better future for Australian girls and women!

Add your comment

Showing 1 reaction
Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.
  • Living Well Psychology Clinic
    commented 2018-01-03 18:15:02 +1100

You can defend their right to childhood

Everyday our young people are exposed to more brands continuing to sexualise girls and objectify women. You can bring change to this sexploitation, stop companies from degrading women and prevent its devastating effects on young people.

Donate Now

From Our Supporters

Join the Discussion