You can help make Australia a place where girls and women are treated with respect by telling your local MP how you feel about the objectification of women, sexualisation of girls, and pornification of society.
We need our political leaders to act, but they will only take action if they see there is a demand for change.
How to contact your local MP
Here are a few ways you can connect with your local Member of Parliament:
- Request a 15-minute meeting by contacting their office.
- Email or call them with your thoughts.
- Approach them at advertised events and public visits.
The main political parties keep tabs on the issues constituents are raising with them, so make your views known!
Some of the major parties have published online directories for their candidates (parties are listed in alphabetical order).
- Australian Greens
- Australian Labor Party
- The Liberal Party of Australia
- The National Party of Australia
What to say
We’ve created a printable summary of issues to raise with your local MP – view and print it now.
Alternatively, take some time to look through our latest research, which is contained in three recent submissions:
- Sexualisation of children
- Harms of pornography
- Links between gender inequality and domestic violence
Thank you for speaking up to help create a better future for Australian girls and women!