The conversations we have to have
‘Reimagining Masculinity: conversations with men challenging porn culture’, a new interview series hosted by our Youth Advocate and Educator, Daniel Principe, premieres this Sunday.
The series will feature men in Australia and internationally who are equipping other men and boys to resist harmful cultural messages and stereotypes about what it is to be a man – and who want to be part of the change.
Daniel and his special guests will explore challenges faced by men and boys including pornography, sexual entitlement, social media, violence, the by-stander effect, body image and mental health. Most importantly they will examine what can be done to address these issues – for the benefit of men, women and our community as a whole.
“It’s a privilege to be able to work collaboratively and share authentically with men who have devoted their lives to addressing harmful male behaviours,” Daniel said.
“This diverse collection of men have inspired me to speak up and take action to fight against porn culture here in Australia. I believe their counter-cultural stories and work on the ground will inspire more of us to work towards creating a healthier and more equitable society for women and girls."
- Richie Hardcore (NZ): Muay Thai champion and campaigner against men's violence against women in New Zealand
- Robert Jensen (USA): Emeritus professor, co-founder of Stop Porn Culture, author of ‘Getting Off: Pornography and the End of Masculinity’ and ‘The End of Patriarchy: Radical Feminist for Men’
- Mark J. the Poet (USA): Spoken word poet, singer and founder of Offline
- Eric Agyeman (AUS): Former gang member, now youth mentor and founder of The Royal Hood
- James Evans (UK): Former porn addict and Collective Shout blog contributor
- Shay Douglas (AUS): Featured in the documentary ‘Liberated: The New Sexual Revolution’, a sexually entitled college student who while behaving notoriously in the film, has since renounced his former behaviour and now advocates for healthy expressions of masculinity
Daniel’s first interview with Richie Hardcore goes live this Sunday at 7pm (AEST). You can watch the interview on our Instagram and Facebook pages.
We’ll announce more special guests soon.
Watch: Reimagining Masculinity - Full interview feat Prof Robert Jensen
'I’ve heard it first-hand': Kambala petition just the tip of the iceberg - Daniel Principe